Partner, San Diego
Mr. Berry was welcomed to the Partnership on July 1, 2023.
Mr. Berry was born in Berkeley, California, raised in the Bay Area and completed his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, Tennessee in 1999. He graduated cum laude from California Western School of Law in San Diego and obtained his Juris Doctorate Spring 2011. While at California Western, he was a member of the California Western Law Review and Dean’s Honor List (2009, 2010). Mr. Berry was admitted to the California Bar in January 2012 and is a member of the State Bar of California and locally, the San Diego County Bar Association and San Diego Defense Lawyers among other memberships and affiliations.
Mr. Berry’s practice focuses on complex construction defect litigation where he defends owners, developers, manufacturers, contractors, design build professionals, design build contractors and their insurers. Mr. Berry has experience in defending professional liability matters, product liability matters, employment and labor cases and has provided reliable assistance to commercial businesses, restaurants, and public and private landlords regarding personal injury claims, property damage claims and security breaches.
Mr. Berry has practiced all aspects of insurance defense litigation, securities litigation, commercial disputes and various other areas of state and federal civil litigation since 2013.
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California –Juris Doctor Degree, cum laude, Spring 2011
- University of Tennessee, Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science, December 1999
- California State Bar – Admitted January 2012
- The State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California; and Central District of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Defense Lawyers
- Louis M. Welsh Inns of Court
- Defense Research Institute
- Claims and Litigation Management (CLM) Alliance
- General Civil Litigation
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Wrongful Death
Mr. Berry has pro bono experience as a Plaintiff’s attorney for indigent clients in landlord-tenant disputes upholding tenants’ rights and requiring landowners to provide basic housing needs for low-income renters and participates as a member of the San Diego County Bar Association’s Guardian Ad Litem Program.
Mr. Berry enjoys golf, baseball, swimming, surfing, skateboarding, playing music and spending time with his wife and young daughters.
E-Mail: [email protected]